AirAsia has announced their latest community partnership, the AirAsia Juraki Surf Invitational 2018, held in Fingal Head, northern NSW.
The AirAsia Juraki Surf Invitational, now in its third year, is a celebration of indigenous tribes Australia-wide, bringing together the spirit of surf and indigenous culture.
According to Tony Fernandes, AirAsia CEO, the carrier is honoured to support the Juraki Surf Invitational, after becoming Australia’s Official Airline of Surfing earlier this year.
“In 2001, we chose the Gold Coast as our very-first long haul destination and since that time the community has been welcoming us with open arms,” Mr Fernandes said.
“To be able to support an event that’s not only about surfing but also ‘a sense of belonging’ in an area that was very special for us was great, and I wish Joel and his team a fantastic event.”
According to Joel Slabb, Director of the Juraki Surf Invitational, the partnership with AirAsia is a great way to showcase the indigenous surf culture.
“Together, we’re able to showcase both our amazing coastlines and indigenous surf culture to the world,” Mr Slabb said.
AirAsia supports a number of community events as part of its surfing partnership, including Perth’s Sunsmart School Surfing program and the Australian Board Rider’s Battle.
For more information about the AirAsia Juraki Surf Invitational visit: https://www.jurakisurf.com/
Feature Image: AirAsia Group CEO, Tony Fernandes and Juraki Surf Invitational Director, Joel Slabb*
- 48 Hours in Kuta: A Weekend Guide - Sep 2, 2018
- How Mac DeMarco changed the face of indie-rock - Sep 1, 2018
- New Ivey EP to be released in November - Aug 26, 2018
- John Farnham’s Hunter Valley concert sold out - Aug 26, 2018
- The Babe Rainbow – Double Rainbow album review - Aug 20, 2018
- AirAsia partners with Juraki Surf Invitational - Aug 16, 2018
- The Complete Guide to King Gizzard - Aug 12, 2018
- BigCityBeats World Club Dome Korea is Back - Aug 11, 2018
- Bluesfest’s massive 30th anniversary line-up - Aug 9, 2018
- Top 6 beach festivals around the world - Jun 27, 2016