Imagine an entire week of surfing, yoga, tasting local homemade cuisine, chasing that endless Summer dream, and doing it all in Morocco.
That’s exactly what Taghazout’s week-long beach side Amayour Surf & Yoga retreat is about!
Led by some of the top Animal surf team riders, Yoga instructors & ambassadors, from Saturday 3rd December until Saturday 10th December, you’ll get to soak up the sun and take part in a number of incredible activities whilst at the Atlantic coastal retreat.
Unlike any old Surf Yoga retreat, the ‘Wild and Free Retreat’ features the incredible Yogi Philly Lewis and 3 times British surf champ Alan Stokes. Stokes’ fellow coaches M’hand and Lashan will bring an amazing combined total of over 20 years professional teaching experience, so there will be an abundance of expertise on hand.
Coaching is available to all levels, from complete beginners to the advanced in both yoga and surfing.
Yogi Philly will run daily yoga classes created to revive and energise you each morning, as well as an evening stretch class to help with any aching bodies.
The retreat is based at a beautiful, boutique and bespoke family run surf apartment/hostel in the heart of Taghazout South Morocco.
Following on from this December retreat will be a new exclusive post-New Year January retreat announcement ‘Surf Eat Sleep Repeat’.
With only 13 spaces the Amayour Surf stays true to its intimate and bespoke vibe, be sure to get in quickly, as this is one winter retreat that will sell out fast!
After an invigorating morning yoga session, a sublime banquet Berber breakfast is laid out, followed by 2 hours of surf lessons/ coaching.
After lunch, guests will have the option to chill on the beach and catch some more waves, take a Haman, scrub and massage, or just enjoy the afternoon tea and cake or explore.
After a couple of days of surfing, guests will be treated to a day off, where they can enjoy the delights of the stunning Paradise Valley (an Oasis in the mountains) and watch the locals do their dare devil cliff jumps. Those seeking a thrill can also get involved and participate, with cliff dives from 5, 10 & 15 meters.
On route to Paradise Valley, retreat goers will visit a Bio Argan women’s co-op and see how the magical Argan oil is produced. There will also be the option to buy it direct from the local producers.
Wednesday afternoon will be spent at the souk, to awaken all the senses. Smell, touch, hear and taste the exotic culture and learn to cook with M’hand.
Guests can take an evening sunset restorative class before the terrace dinner party in the evening.
‘Wild And Free Retreat’ package price includes:
- 7 nights – sleep in 6 dorm, 3 dorm or private double room in a beautiful art – filled Berber home with amazing beach views
- 7 daily breakfasts
- 5 terrace dinner parties
- Couscous Friday, a traditional Friday lunch after prayers
- Afternoon tea & fruits
- All boards and kit hire
- 6 surf lessons
- Daily AM & PM Yoga
- 1 excursion to Paradise Valley
- Artisan trunk show with handmade local designer goods and amazing goodie bag
- Transport to non- walkable surf spots
- Free airport transfer on the recommended flights to and from Agadir
(Some of which is included in the week’s package price)
- Drive through the mountains to a beautiful oasis with river trails, watch and do plummeting cliffs jumps, enjoy a mouth-watering barbeque on the guided trip. Stop at an Argan co-op and see how they make the magical Argan oil
- Rooftop Yoga session
- Visit the Souk in Agadir or Aourir, revive your senses and get some local goods
- Daytrips to Essaouira, the beautiful windy city
- See the bay at chilled Imsouane Bay with a sunset photo stop at the dunes where you can see and ride one of the longest waves in the world
- Horse Riding in the mountains
- Take a cooking class with brilliant local master chefs
- Get an invigorating scrub at the Haman
- See the wild beach and local secret spots with locals
4 tiers of accommodation are on offer, all based in a beautiful art-filled Berber home for an incredible price that can’t be beaten. With prices starting from $1010 for 7 nights all inclusive, check out the accommodation packages here.
For all the latest news, retreats and booking details visit http://www.amayoursurf.com/
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018