This year’s Bleach Festival will see an expansive program of genre-defying events, spanning intimate gatherings in locals’ homes to some of their largest and most ambitious projects to date.
This is a transformational year for Bleach* Festival, with the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018) being held the Gold Coast’s backyard. Bleach is collaborating with Festival 2018, the GC2018 arts and cultural program, through a series of events under the banner of Bleach* at Festival 2018. It will be a spectacular showcase of what, and who, makes the Gold Coast such a special part of the world as well as rich creative offerings from national and international collaborators.
It all kicks off on 29 March, the Easter long weekend, at the Opening Night at Bond University with Melbourne Ska Orchestra! From there, Bleach presents 140 performances over 18 days including 10 world premieres, one Australian premiere and two Queensland premieres – best of all the majority of events are completely free!
Over the coming weeks, Bleach will be sharing more about the program. In the meantime, here are some hero performances and highlights set to capture hearts, minds and imaginations!
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018