[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Blur recently announced they are planning to release a new studio album, The Magic Whip. It will be their first studio album in 12 years, set to release on 27 April 2015.
The last studio album was ‘Think Tank’ in 2003, but what makes this album special is that it is the first studio album including guitarist Graham Coxon since ‘13’ was released in 1999.
During Blur’s world tour in 2013, the band became stranded in Hong Kong due to a cancelled festival in Japan. So with nothing to pass the time, they booked themselves into Avon studios for five days to lay down some tunes.
There was a lot of speculation as to whether or not the recordings would ever reach the public ear, with Damon Albarn stating in an interview that he was not sure if they would be released.
Graham Coxon had other ideas, and with Albarn’s approval he went in to the studio with producer Stephen Street to do further work on the recordings. Stephen Street has worked previously birth Blur on their self titled album in 1997 and has since worked with Graham Coxon’s solo albums.
While Coxon was in the studio working away on the album, Albarn was completing his world tour of his recent solo album ‘Everyday Robots’. On his way back to the UK, he stopped into Hong Kong once again to gain some lyrical inspiration. The vocals were completed in January and the album mastered in February.
The Magic Whip track list below.
- Lonesome Street
- New World Towers
- Go Out
- Ice Cream Man
- Thought I Was a Spaceman
- I Broadcast
- My Terracotta Heart
- There Are Too Many of Us
- Ghost Ship
- Ong Ong
If you can’t wait for the release date in April you can have a listen to ‘Go Out’ on you tube.
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”http://youtu.be/Sp1ks7PTzng “][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018