With only a few days until the start of the waiting period for the WSL Fiji Pro the women’s event runs May 31st – June 5th and the men’s from 7th – 19th June, the surfing world is eagerly anticipating the start of one of the best and most exciting events on tour.
Stop number five on the next stop on the men’s Samsung Galaxy Championship Tour. An event famous for massive left hand barrels breaking over a shallow coral reef, it is not for the aerialist but for the barrel threaders.
This video below should get your juices flowing
Micheal Bourez has withdrawn from competition due to a lingering injury and his spot goes to Alejo Muniz. Stephanie Gilmore possibly might not compete either due to her injury but there has been no official word as of yet.
The last event the Oi Rio Pro was high octane with the big swell at the beginning of the event providing some crazy barrels and as the swell began to decrease the air game became the way to win heats.
Filipe Toledo was the start of the show proving once again that he is the best surfer in the world in under three foot. Claiming a convincing win and boosting himself into second place in the ratings.
The rating have become very interesting with Adriano De Souza still sat at the top and Mick Fanning slipping down to third, Filipe Toledo is second. With hardly surfer keeping the same spot a few big names have slid and a few less well knowns have been creeping up.
Reigning world champion Gabriel Medina is currently in 19th and Kelly Slater is in 13th but the Fiji Pro favours the tour veterans and Gabriel Medina won this event last year so we could well be seeing another massive change after this event.
As usual the event will be broadcast live at www.worldsurfleague.com
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018