Now in its eighth year, the annual Nikon Surf Photo and Video Awards is open for entries.
In partnership with Surfing Australia, The Nikon Surf Photo and Video of The Year Award is an opportunity for surf photographers and videographers to have their work recognised and celebrated.
The competition is open to Australian residents who can submit images taken anywhere around the world in 2018 across the categories of action, lifestyle/portrait and scenic photography.
Entries will be judged by a panel of high profile individuals from within the surfing industry including Nikon Brand Ambassador, Stephanie Gilmore. The judges will be tasked with selecting the best single surfing-themed photo from the following criteria:
- Innovation and creativity
- Dramatic affect and sensory impact
- Composition of the photo
The winner of the Nikon Surf Video of the Year Award will receive the new Nikon Z 6 kit while the winner of the Nikon Surf Photo of the Year Award will take home the new Nikon Z 7. Each will come with the new Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S and FTZ adapter.
Submissions can be entered at https://mynikonlife.com.au/surfing-australia-2019/, with entries closing on Friday, February 15 2019.
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018