Tonga is one of the only places in the world where you can swim with humpback whales.
Where Wild Things Roam Travel has the few remaining spots for 2019 on their Swim With Humpback Whales in Tonga Tour starting from a twin share, land only price of $3,949 per person.
Every year from July to October the whales complete their migration from the feeding grounds of Antarctica to the warmer tropical waters of Tonga where they give birth to their calves and perform courtship readying themselves for the next season.
The Ha’apai Islands serve as one of Tonga’s most plentiful playgrounds for Humpback Whales. From mid-July to mid-October the Ha’apai Island area becomes one of the largest nurseries in the South Pacific for Humpbacks to birth and raise their young.
The Humpback Whales love the Ha’apai Islands, as there are numerous natural protection areas and reefs that provide an excellent nursery to raise the calves. The Ha’apai area is also not overcrowded with whale watch boats, as there are only a few operators in this region and a very large area of coverage (you won’t have to wait to swim with a group of whales).
Ha’apai Whale & Sail is based at Sea Change Eco Retreat, and operate on the basis of outstanding comfort and absolute safety for the sea conditions common in our area. Sea Change Eco Retreat has fully certified skippers and whale encounter guides who take their responsibility very seriously.
Whale encounters depart right from the beach in front of Sea Change. Lunch or an afternoon tea is provided on the boat and you will usually stop for a break at one of the outer island reefs which you can snorkel on.
- 4 days of swimming with humpback whales
- Beach walks on Uoleva Island
- Kayaking & Standup Paddle Boarding (SUP)
- Cultural evening
- Island walk with picnic lunch
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018