Soneva have introduced the world’s first luxury, fully-sustainable surf program at its high-end properties in the Maldives.
‘Soneva Surf’ is an eco-friendly surfing experience, offered at Soneva Fushi in the Baa Atoll and Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll in the Maldives, and is the first of its kind anywhere in the world!
There are 13 surf breaks in the Baa Atoll and 11 in the Noonu Atoll, and not only do they boast some of the best waves in the region, they’re a well-kept secret, which means they’re uncrowded and pristine – a surfer’s dream.
The aim of Soneva Surf is to be a model for sustainable surfing around the world where surfing guests can select the experience that suits them, according to their level of expertise, time, and budget.
The Soneva team encourage them to leave everything at home – which makes travelling to the Maldives easier – because they provide everything needed, from rash guards to sunscreen, and wax, and everything’s entirely eco-friendly.
Soneva’s eco boards are made from poxy resin, bamboo woven mats; and bio-foam, which comprises materials converted from natural plant materials (soy, sugar, algae); and they’re manufactured by an approved ECOBOARD builder.
The production of these boards produces 40% less carbon dioxide emissions than regular surfboards!
To find out more or to join the sustainable surfing movement, visit the Soneva website.
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018
- Damien Rice returns to Australia - Nov 29, 2018
- Congrats Stephanie Gilmore on 7th world title - Nov 27, 2018
- Byron Bay Surf Festival drops in for 2019 - Nov 27, 2018
- Surfing in Papua New Guinea - Nov 6, 2018