It was not the first time Splendour in the Grass tickets sold out in an hour, but this year the frenzy went to another level.
Splendour in the Grass organisers confirmed with the Northern Star that all tickets for the 2018 event have now sold out. Demand was high after Kendrick Lamar, Lorde and Vampire Weekend were announced as this year’s headliners.
The festival will be held from July 20 to 22 at North Byron Parklands.
If you missed out this morning, don’t panic yet. The Resale, where people who managed to purchase tickets but now can’t attend the festival can on-sell their tickets, will kick into action via Moshtix from 9am on May 14. It is the only place where you can purchase legitimate Splendour tickets.
You can find out more info about the Resale and join a waiting list here. Organisers have asked music fans to not purchase tickets from online auction and selling sites or social media.
Splendour tickets include the name and date of birth of the purchaser. This is checked against IDs at the festival gates. There is no facility in place that allows a ticket holder to change the name and date of birth on a ticket and transfer it to another person.
Vehicle passes for day parking and camping will also go on sale soon through moshtix.com.au or phone 1300 GET TIX (438 849).
If you can’t make it to Splendour, or if you just need a double-dose, our friends at Secret Sounds have you covered with a bunch of official Splendour in the Grass sideshows. For more click here.
- Why Japan should be on your surf trip list in 2019 - Jan 16, 2019
- Medina wins WSL title at Pipe, Hawaii - Dec 19, 2018
- Christmas Gift Guide for the surfer - Dec 19, 2018
- France Pro crowns Wilson & Conlogue - Oct 13, 2018
- Top eco-friendly festivals to add to your travels - Sep 10, 2018
- Bali’s Tipi Jabrik wins Quiksilver Uluwatu Challenge - Aug 7, 2018
- Courtney Conlogue & Kanoa Igarashi claim Vans US Open wins - Aug 7, 2018
- Corona Bali Protected crowns Lakey Peterson & Italo Ferreira - Jun 5, 2018
- Corona Bali Pro tackles beach pollution - May 25, 2018
- Discover Bali’s Surfing Hot Spots with Anantara Uluwatu Resort - May 21, 2018