Ivey, one of the hottest up-and-coming Gold Coast indie bands, are currently working in a Brisbane recording studio producing their newest EP, set to be released early November.
The six track EP is at the moment untitled but will likely be ‘named after one of the songs’ according to Ivey’s guitarist and vocalist Lachie McGuffie.
According to Lachie, the EP is going to be a much more collaborative effort, with previous releases, including 2016’s Cascade, comprising songs primarily written by him.
“For this upcoming EP, the song writing has been spread out across the band so that we’re all contributing to the songs,” Lachie said.
“It used to be that I would write the songs – but it’s good to put the challenge onto the rest of the band so that we’ve all contributed.”
The core of the band is made up of brothers Lachlan and Matt McGuffie, and their neighbour of sixteen years Dante Martin.
“We used to practice playing together in the garage and jam covers,” Lachie recalls.
It was during this early period, before the band even had a name or framed idea of what the band will be, that the three boys were able to formulate a strong sense of musicianship and work actively on their song writing.
Once lead singer Mille Perks joined, it all just fell into place, with the band writing and producing their first single Sneakers.
Since then the band has gone strength to strength, and even recently featured as a 5 Seconds of Summer support act band – where the bands live performance of newly released song ‘Always’ has been watched over 200,000 times on YouTube.
“The opportunity with 5 Seconds of Summer sort of just came out of the blue,” Lachie said.
“It was an interesting process, we flew to Sydney and recorded the performance in May and its only just been released.
“The reception has been great – we’re getting 5 Seconds of Summer fans which is interesting.”
Ivey are supporting Kingswood tonight at a sold-out show at The Zoo in Brisbane and have just announced a headlining show at the Lennox Hotel in Lennox Heads.
- 48 Hours in Kuta: A Weekend Guide - Sep 2, 2018
- How Mac DeMarco changed the face of indie-rock - Sep 1, 2018
- New Ivey EP to be released in November - Aug 26, 2018
- John Farnham’s Hunter Valley concert sold out - Aug 26, 2018
- The Babe Rainbow – Double Rainbow album review - Aug 20, 2018
- AirAsia partners with Juraki Surf Invitational - Aug 16, 2018
- The Complete Guide to King Gizzard - Aug 12, 2018
- BigCityBeats World Club Dome Korea is Back - Aug 11, 2018
- Bluesfest’s massive 30th anniversary line-up - Aug 9, 2018
- Top 6 beach festivals around the world - Jun 27, 2016