Owen Wright made history during the Fiji Pro with two perfect heats one of them being in the final!
Stop number five on the WSL Championship Tour, the Fiji Pro climaxed with Owen Wright scoring a perfect final against fellow Australian Julian Wilson. Wilson put a brave fight on it but had no answer with Wright being in outstanding form. Getting some serious barrels Wright’s opening ride was a 7.5 and then he backed it up with a 9.6, looking unstoppable Wright scored his first ten of the final and then after being zipped back to the line up on the ski and swung straight into another one to complete what was the most dominated final of the year so far.
Wright had previously managed a perfect heat during his round five match up against Aussie Adam Melling.
The results of the Fiji pro have made the numbers on the leaderboard even closer and almost anybody on tour could claim the world title this year. With the next event being Jay Bay in South Africa usually favouring the veterans of the tour the rankings are only likely to become even more jumbled.
This event was a classic although the conditions were not total perfection there were plenty of chunky ones pushing though and the standard of the pros performance was outstanding.
Check out the highlight reel below
Check the heat analyser on www.worldsurfleague.com
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018
- Damien Rice returns to Australia - Nov 29, 2018
- Congrats Stephanie Gilmore on 7th world title - Nov 27, 2018