Why you need it
The GoPro Dummy Mount is a mount for your GoPro that you hold in your mouth.
Mouth piece, breathing hole, attachment for GoPro.
Why you will love it
I can surf with my GoPro and not have to wear a Gath helmet, this is great now you can be a bit more discreet with you camera in the water. The breathing hole is a great idea I couldn’t imagine what it would be like without one I would have lost it by now for sure, Having used it in about six foot pumping surf, getting a proper shoeing coming up with water filling my nose I would have had to spit it out but the breathing hole saved it.
Why you will hate it
The leash that came in the accessories pack was terrible the cord looks really thin and I couldn’t get the Velcro around my arm, I don’t bother with it because if it was a wave of consequence it would snap for sure, if you want to use a leash with it I’d advise fashioning your own out of an old leg rope you have at home.
It’s not that steady and the footage often bounces all over the place, a sturdier stiffer mouth piece might help with this.
It squeaks! Often when surfing I feel like a family of mice have taken up residence in my mouth and the audio on the playback is not great so you are going to have to think of a soundtrack for your new movie. A way around both of these problems is to hold it in your hand once you have got to your feet but I get scared I might drop it. Also if you have bad teeth like me you might break a tooth like I did when I got a really bad beating one day, I bit down hard and had bits of teeth in my mouth, not really the mounts fault but there we are.
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018
- Damien Rice returns to Australia - Nov 29, 2018
- Congrats Stephanie Gilmore on 7th world title - Nov 27, 2018