With research showing Australian women of all ages are taking up surfing, SHE travels is launching ‘Surf & Yoga Balangan, Bali’ trips with the first running from 13 to 19 May 2017.
The rustic retreat aims to provide a revitalising experience through daily surf lessons and yoga, massages, and the comfort of a traditional Bali bungalow featuring private ensuite.
According to Roy Morgan Research (23 April 2015,Finding No. 6202), between 2010 and 2014, the number of Australian women taking part in surfing rose almost 20 per cent; for women aged 50+, the rate increased by 45 per cent.
This is true of SHE travel’s founder Suzanne Hart, having discovered surfing at 48 and launching SHE surfs in 2014 for independent women of all ages seeking a new experience with like-minded women.
“So far we’ve managed to inspire countless women, with our ladies saying they’ve surprised themselves at what they could achieve, and that their outlook on life has forever changed,” Ms Hart said.
“You have to surf it to believe it, but from my experience, it’s a life-changing experience that becomes a life-long love.”
The new Surf & Yoga Balangan trip caters to the trend of travellers seeking an authentic experience, and at a more affordable price point (AU$2,490 for 7 days, 6 nights). The retreat’s quiet beach location away from the crowds complements SHE’s existing ‘Surf & Stay – Indulge’ retreats in Seminyak.
With the first trip falling on Mother’s Day, Ms Hart is encouraging mums and daughters to travel together.
“Among our fabulous ladies, we’ve hosted mother-daughter pairs on our trips and it has been so rewarding to see how the joy of surfing together tightens their bond.”
According to 22-year-old Hannah Smith, who experienced SHE surfs with her mother and sister in 2016, “The holiday catered as easily for Mum as it did for Amy and me, and combined the best ingredients for a great time away – equal parts action and relaxation.”
SHE travels caters for all surfing levels; single accommodation only, no supplement; air fares not included; available to non-Australian women as well!
Surf & Yoga Balangan, Bali dates: 13 May 2017–19 May 2017; 2 September 2017–8 September 2017. Includes:
- six nights’ single accommodation in a traditional bungalow in Balangan with private ensuite bathroom
- breakfast each day, brunch following morning surf sessions, 4 dinners (excluding drinks)
- six surf sessions (beginners to more experienced surfers welcome)
- two hours of massage to soothe tired muscles
- daily yoga sessions designed especially to compliment surfing (building strength, flexibility & balance)
- SHE surfs rash vest
- a collection of photos that prove you can surf
- all transfers to activities and surf sessions included in the program
- airport arrival and departure transfers (when arriving and departing on the start and finish date of program)
- SHE surfs host
For more visit www.shetravels.net.au
- Music, Food and Fun at Lizottes! - Jul 16, 2017
- The Best Travel Picks For Music Lovers - Jun 23, 2017
- Mancation in South Africa - May 29, 2017
- 4 Unique European Summer Festivals - May 10, 2017
- Beautiful Beach Getaways Around the World - May 6, 2017
- Splendour In The Grass 2017 Line-up - May 4, 2017
- Top Music Festivals Around the World - May 2, 2017
- Komune Bali adds more luxury for surfers - Apr 10, 2017
- Travel To A Playlist To Match Your Journey - Mar 31, 2017
- Cool Off Around Australia This Summer - Mar 29, 2017