The 2016 edition of Australia’s annual Splendour in The Grass music festival went on sale last week and sold out in just 90 minutes.
At 10:45am, the hopes and dreams of many eager festival goers were crushed after event organisers broke the news on their Facebook page that all allocations had been completely exhausted.
“All tickets for Splendour in The Grass 2016 at North Byron Parklands on Friday 22, Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 of July have SOLD OUT,” the status said.
With a lengthy list of impressive artists sort to grace this year’s music festival, including Flume, Hermitude, The Stokes and Australian band The Avalanches, it comes as no surprise that tickets sold out fast.
Due to the massive influx of traffic, fans were left waiting on an online ‘green room’ where they were put in a waitlist with all but a message from ticket sellers, aka ‘Moshtix’ message – ‘Due to the massive interest in this event you will have to hang back here for a bit’.
A mob of displeased fans voiced their complaints on the Splendour in The Grass Facebook page with one person saying “It’s been nearly an hour and a half and no tickets but people who waited 30 minutes got it before me”.
Hope still remains for those wanting to attend the festival however, with an official re-sale of tickets opening Monday, May 30.
For more on Splendour in The Grass 2016 and the epic line-up click here.
- 48 Hours in Kuta: A Weekend Guide - Sep 2, 2018
- How Mac DeMarco changed the face of indie-rock - Sep 1, 2018
- New Ivey EP to be released in November - Aug 26, 2018
- John Farnham’s Hunter Valley concert sold out - Aug 26, 2018
- The Babe Rainbow – Double Rainbow album review - Aug 20, 2018
- AirAsia partners with Juraki Surf Invitational - Aug 16, 2018
- The Complete Guide to King Gizzard - Aug 12, 2018
- BigCityBeats World Club Dome Korea is Back - Aug 11, 2018
- Bluesfest’s massive 30th anniversary line-up - Aug 9, 2018
- The new ‘skin tingling’ Hydro Sports at InterContinental Fiji - Jul 24, 2018