International indie band ‘The Boxer Rebellion’, recentely released their new album, Ocean by Ocean’, having gone noir in their new 1980s inspired video “Big Ideas”.
The group is popular for their mix of post-rock and cool vocals. Already satified with the musical evolution of the band, fans have found themselves disgruntled by the albums certain stylistic liberties.
Directed by Adam Avilla, the clip follows a heroine through Los Angeles, with animation filling in the scenery through neon-coloured imagery.
In an interview with Billboard the band stated that, “This video was an exciting step into the unknown for us and was brought to life by Adam Avillas imagination and creativity.”
Avilla explained the clip’s creation having said, “since I wanted to create this dark expansive world that the music created, I figured green screen would allow me to create every aspect of the world that the characters would live. I also experimented in digital makeup effects, which was a first for me, which also gave me a surreal dream-like quality to the characters.”
Despite having ventured into newer territories that may have upset fans, “Ocean by Ocean” is still considered to be a well structured and produced album with the Boxer Rebellion confident in continuing their musical evolution.
- 48 Hours in Kuta: A Weekend Guide - Sep 2, 2018
- How Mac DeMarco changed the face of indie-rock - Sep 1, 2018
- New Ivey EP to be released in November - Aug 26, 2018
- John Farnham’s Hunter Valley concert sold out - Aug 26, 2018
- The Babe Rainbow – Double Rainbow album review - Aug 20, 2018
- AirAsia partners with Juraki Surf Invitational - Aug 16, 2018
- The Complete Guide to King Gizzard - Aug 12, 2018
- BigCityBeats World Club Dome Korea is Back - Aug 11, 2018
- Bluesfest’s massive 30th anniversary line-up - Aug 9, 2018
- Top 6 beach festivals around the world - Jun 27, 2016