Do you have dreams of riding the perfect Aussie wave? Here are the Top 10 YHA Surfing Hostels in Australia.
The list starts out with the radical Bondi Beachouse YHA located next to world famous Bondi Beach. With its close proximity to Bondi, Bronte, Tamarama and Coogee beaches, this hostel is a surfer’s dream.
Head on up the coast of New South Wales and set your board down at Byron Bay YHA. Settle into the town’s surfing lifestyle and enjoy one of Australia’s most beautiful breaks. The YHA staff will show you the best local surf spots and may even join you – what’s not to love?
If you simply can’t get enough of Queensland’s fantastic surf, head to Stradbroke Island YHA. Come relax at this beachfront property just north of the Gold Coast. Get lost in your thoughts as you wait in the set looking at the breathtaking surf and sand.
Looking for a fantastic place to stay so that you can take your surf tour to South Australia? Look no further than Port Elliot YHA. Tucked in a historic building on South Australia’s spectacular Fleurieu Peninsula, world class surf is just a short stroll from the hostel.
Port Lincoln YHA is about so much more than cage diving with Great White Sharks! The hostel is a great place to explore some of South Australia’s best waves. Just don’t let Brucey the shark get you! (just kidding!).
Take a pit-stop on your road trip of the famous Great Ocean Road to catch some waves Apollo Bay YHA. This YHA is eco-certified so you’ll know that your stay will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
These properties are just some of 85 unique YHA hostels throughout Australia, bookable at www.yha.com.au
YHA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organisation, and part of the world’s largest budget accommodation network, Hostelling International, with 4,000 hostels in more than 90 countries.
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018