TripAdvisor has released the winners of its Travellers’ Choice Awards for top beaches.
The awards recognise the best beaches globally, with Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil ranking as the best beach in the world.
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Beaches in the World
- Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil – 3 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $357.37AUD.
Part of an archipelago in Brazil, the Baia do Noronha is considered one of the world’s most pristine beaches that will take your breath away. One TripAdvisor reviewer said, “It’s the best beach to have on the bucket list… the surrounding and atmosphere is amazing!”
- Grace Bay, Providenciales, Caribbean – 36 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $706.62 AUD.
Grace Bay stretches 11km along the Caribbean’s Turks and Caicos Island and is a tropical dream and a secret gem for many Australians. “This beach is just so picture perfectly gorgeous that you won’t believe your photos when you get home. And it is empty! Just miles of empty, pristine gentle white beach, with the most stunningly blue water you’ll ever hope to see. There are some excellent snorkeling spots off the beach so bring your gear,” commented a TripAdvisor reviewer.
- Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy – 13 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $179.42AUD.
Rabbit Beach has been described as a remote nature reserve that can only be accessed by boat and one of the few places in the Mediterranean where loggerhead sea turtles go to lay their eggs. “This beach is one of the reasons we went to Lampedusa. We weren’t disappointed. It’s great that it is part of a managed eco system, with indigenous plants being grown to compliment the area, and of course the laying site of the turtles.” One TripAdvisor reviewer noted.
- Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Caribbean – number of hotels and the annual average nightly rate unavailable at time to distribution
Ranked the best attraction in Cayo Largo, Playa Paraiso beach is perfect for any traveller wanting to soak up the sun. From a wide selection of beach bars to swimming with the dolphins and water skiing, there is something for everyone. Many believe this beach encompasses pure paradise, “Spectacular! Words cannot describe how beautiful. Water was so clear you swear it was your bathtub,” a TripAdvisor reviewer commented.
- Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain – 4 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $297 AUD.
Travellers’ flock to this picture-perfect beach for its incredible white sand, turquoise water, windsurfing, vivid sunsets, and lively restaurant scene, “I visited this beach while vacationing in Ibiza! I have been to plenty of beaches around the world and never seen such beauty. The color of the water would change by each step I took…I saw 7 colours of blue,” one TripAdvisor reviewer recalls.
- Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles – 20 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $389 AUD.
As one of the Seychelles’ top vacation destinations, the island boasts what are easily considered as some of the best beaches in the world and are a favourite destination of honeymooners. One reviewer from Melbourne said, “It’s one of the world’s most stunning beaches”.
- White Beach, Boracay, Philippines – 100 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $140.59 AUD.
Recognised as one of the best beaches in the Philippines, the cool white sands are courtesy of the rich coral garden that surrounds the island. “You feel like you are on a postcard but you are in real life. The ocean is clear and the sand is white. Around 4.00pm all the hotels put their lounges out onto the sand for sunset drinks,” recalled a TripAdvisor reviewer.
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Caribbean – 4 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $229.21 AUD.
Travellers from across the globe have dubbed Flamenco Beach one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Many reviewers didn’t want to leave, “Flew over for the day from the Puerto Rico. Great day on the beach and snorkeling. Saw sea turtles. Wish we had stayed for a couple of days,” commented one TripAdvisor reviewer.
- Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays, Australia – 9 hotels available to book on TripAdvisor with an annual average nightly rate of $494.84 AUD.
Stretching over seven kilometers, travellers are taken away by the crystal clear waters and soft sand. Whitehaven beach is one of the most photographed beaches in Australia and many reviewers marvel at its beauty. “The most amazing beach to visit. Pure white sand and pristine water. A bucket list item ticked,” raved one TripAdvisor reviewer.
- Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece – number of hotels and the annual average nightly rate unavailable at time to distribution.
This perfect beach and island is located in the far west coast of Crete. The clear, turquoise waters have beckoned travellers for centuries. Travellers were blown away by their sights. One TripAdvisor reviewer marveled, “The most beautiful, sandy and pink beach! Easy to get to by local transport. A must see, when you are in Crete”.
Travellers’ Choice award-winning beaches were determined based on the quantity and quality of millions of traveller reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor gathered over a 12-month period.