Following a period of writing and recording abroad, multi-platinum singer-songwriter and local favourite Vance Joy has today unveiled a brand new single, ‘Lay It On Me’, with an accompanying video. In a further treat for fans, the Melbourne musician has also announced two headline shows for this November, in both his hometown of Melbourne and Sydney.
‘Lay It On Me’ received its worldwide premiere this morning via triple j’s breakfast team, and is the first taste of new music from Vance Joy since 2014’s hugely successful, ARIA #1 debut album, Dream Your Life Away. The album is certified platinum in Australia with 115,000 sales and includes the singles ‘Riptide’ (8x platinum) ‘Fire and the Flood’ (3x platinum), ‘Georgia’ (2x platinum) and ‘Mess Is Mine’ (2x platinum).
‘I had this guitar riff I had been playing for ages but had never found a home for. When it was glued together with a lyric I had in my phone, “everything starts at your skin”, the song started to make sense.’ – Vance Joy
The stunning, cinematic video, directed by acclaimed US director Mimi Cave, sees Vance Joy performing alongside US actress Angela Sarafyan of the HBO series ‘Westworld’.
Check it out here and tell us what you think.
- Italo Ferreira and Caroline Marks Win Quiksilver Pro on Gold Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Jetwing Surf Unravels Mystique of Sri Lanka’s East Coast - Apr 11, 2019
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018