Vance Joy announced via his Facebook page that the album Nation Of Two is due for release in February 2018.
It will be the Melbourne musician’s second album release, his first being the #1, Platinum-accredited and much-loved Dream Your Life Away.
“Nation Of Two describes a perfectly self-contained couple; their world beginning and ending at the bed they share, the car they ride in, or any other place where they’re together…The idea that their love for each other gives them their bearings; a point of reference that makes sense of life,” Vance Joy says of the album.
In addition to ‘Like Gold’, Nation Of Two will also include first official single, ‘Lay It On Me’, which recently clicked over Platinum sales in Australia. It’s only the fourth single released by an Australian artist this year to receive Platinum certification and joins ‘Riptide’ (8x Platinum), ‘Fire and the Flood’ (3x Platinum), ‘Georgia’ (2x Platinum) and ‘Mess Is Mine’ (2x Platinum) from Vance Joy’s repertoire as a Platinum seller. The song was also recognised earlier this week at the 2017 ARIA Award nominations, receiving a nod for Best Independent Release and Vance Joy for Best Male Artist.
Following extensive touring of the US, Canada and UK, Vance Joy returns to Australian shores for sold-out shows in his home town of Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
Dream Your Life Away has now sold over 1.7 million copies worldwide including over a million in the US and over 120,000 in Australia. The album recently re-entered the Top 10 of the ARIA Albums Chart (at #8), three years on from its original release, while ‘Riptide’ has now appeared in the Top 100 of the ARIA Singles Chart for a phenomenal 124 weeks.
Check out Like Gold here.
- Last spots for 2019 on whale swim in Tonga tour - Mar 14, 2019
- Margaret River Pro secured until 2021 - Mar 14, 2019
- A barefoot surf cinema night - Jan 8, 2019
- Coachella 2019 lineup announced - Jan 3, 2019
- Luxury Sustainable Surf Program - Dec 12, 2018
- Most instagramable surf spots - Dec 9, 2018
- Enter the Nikon Surf Photo contest - Dec 6, 2018
- Sharkbanz - Dec 6, 2018
- Damien Rice returns to Australia - Nov 29, 2018
- Congrats Stephanie Gilmore on 7th world title - Nov 27, 2018